db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From myrnap <my...@Golux.Com>
Subject Re: 10.0.2.1. release notes/readme?
Date Wed, 08 Dec 2004 20:17:08 GMT
Daniel John Debrunner wrote:

>I think the idea is good, but the bug list needs some work.
>Only bugs should be in the list, not requests for new features.
>(e.g. Derby-31 is a new feature in Jira, not a bug).
>
>Also it may be useful to split the list of bugs into three sections,
>code bugs, documentation bugs and testing bugs. Or even remove the
>testing bugs since the tests are not part of the release (eg. Derby-88).
>
>Dan.

I have tried to make those changes.
I have made a separate file to go with the derbyTesting.jar - will send
separate email.
I have also added a line about needing Universal Driver version 2.4.

However, I have some questions:
There's a difference in Jira between outright requests for new features
and improvements. I left the improvements in, took out the outright
requests. ok/not?
Derby-65 both has a code and a documentation aspect to it. I left it
under code issues. ok/not ok?
Derby-63 seems to me a new feature, but is currently listed as bug.
classification correct?
Derby 56 and 57, can they be closed now?
Derby 49 is listed as an improvement, but I think it should just be a
doc bug?
Derby 1 - did that get resolved by Apple or not?

Thx....
Myrna