db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Susan Cline <...@MeepZor.Com>
Subject Re: Derby documentation in XML DITA
Date Tue, 07 Dec 2004 20:33:21 GMT
Jean T. Anderson wrote:

> Jeff Levitt wrote:
>

>>The dtd files are part of the dita package announced
>>and linked here:
>>
>>http://xml.coverpages.org/dita.html#dita131Announce
>>
>>or the more complete download site on developerWorks
>>here:
>>
>>http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/xml/library/x-dita6/x-dita_downloads.html
>>
>>I recommend dita131 or dita132.
>>
>>I didnt include the dtd's in these packages with the
>>Getting Started dita zip files.  Do you think we
>>should include them, or tell users downloading the
>>getting started zip to get them from these downloads?
>>

> I'll add the URLs you noted above to the DITA section in
> http://incubator.apache.org/derby/manuals/index.html .
>
>  -jean

Jeff,

Even though Jean is adding the reference to the site, it might be nice
to include it in the zip file in the future.  I downloaded the
dita131.zip file and it's quite a wad.  The actual number of dtd files
is very small compared to everything else you get with the zip.

Either way is okay though as long as folks know they need the dtd files
and how to get them.

Thanks,

Susan