db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Ramandeep Kaur <ram...@Yngvi.Org>
Subject Derby and Red Hat Application Server: JOnAS Integration
Date Fri, 03 Dec 2004 00:41:12 GMT
Hi all,

I and Rajesh Kartha (kartha@Source-Zone.org ) were successfully able to
integrate Derby with Red Hat Application Server: JOnAS. The details are
as following:

Red Hat Application Server v1.0  and Derby 10.0.2.1

System Requirements: Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3 (RHEL3).

To test Red Hat Application Server with Derby,  one of EJB example from
Red Hat Application Server was used. The following steps were executed:
 - Derby database was configured.
 - A table was created with 3 columns with simple data type and the
table was populated.
 - JOnAS property file (jonas.proeprties) was changed to use Derby as
the data source.
 - The EJB inside the Red Hat Application Server was deployed.
 - A client was used to access the EJB and retrieve results from table
created above.

I am in process of  writing a document with instructions on how to use
Derby with Red Hat Application Server that I will make available when it
is finished.

Thanks,
Raman