db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel John Debrunner <...@debrunners.com>
Subject Re: (c) Cloudscape, Inc.?
Date Thu, 02 Dec 2004 03:13:39 GMT

scott hutinger wrote:

> What is the correct method to deal with a copyright in a file like this?
>  <i>Copyright &#169; 1998, Cloudscape, Inc.   All rights reserved.</i>
> I didn't follow the (C) stuff all the way, but think (c)'s were sent
> into a file, but wasn't sure if it was within that directory the file
> came from or not.  I'm also not certain what to do when something other
> than IBM pops up?  I was going through all the files getting the low
> priority names changed.

Oh man, I never thought to look for Cloudscape, Inc copyrights!

Due to the acquistions these copyrights, and any Informix ones, are
covered by the IBM copyright in the COPYRIGHT file. The copyright text
should be replaced with the standard

   Copyright 1998, 2004 The Apache Software Foundation or its licensors,
as applicable.

with the dates modified as required.

This change actually needs to be performed by someone from IBM, since
only the copyright holder can remove a copyright statement. If you
provide a patch then I think it will be ok as an IBM committer can
actually apply the change to the repository.

Version: GnuPG v1.2.5 (MingW32)