db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Levitt <jlev...@mutagen.net>
Subject Re: Derby documentation in XML DITA
Date Mon, 06 Dec 2004 23:31:54 GMT
--- sissonj@insession.com wrote:

> Sounds like an option, although it means that
> everyone has to install
> another program to read the manuals. I agree we
> would still want the PDFs
> so the manuals can be printed.
> How big would a minimal configuration for
> stand-alone help be?  Hoping it
> isn't too heavy weight..
> John
Sorry I didnt include this information in my previous
post.  The Websphere implementation of the Eclipse
help system is a 31 MB download, but that includes the
jre.  Unpacked from the zip download, your looking at
43-44 MB on your hard disk.  Subtracting the 33 MB
jre, however, brings you down to ~10 MB.

And of course, if we can host the infocenter at the
Derby site in place of the current Forrest setup, then
users just view it online with no need for any
download.  We can even include links to PDF downloads
from the welcome page of the help system.

View raw message