db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Sean McCully <sean_mccu...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Transaction Locking
Date Mon, 06 Dec 2004 18:57:32 GMT
That is probably the case I have found a bug in my
program that for some reason is calling methods
repeadetly due to either a problem with Java's repaint
on JInternalFrames and JPanels or the actionlistener
implemented inside the Frames, if these methods are
not being called at the same time but after each
other, does Cloudscape unlock the tables on the
connection, or if I have the same method and a
duplicate connection accessing the Table at same time
with autocommit off would this cause the problem, and
is there a way to have a connection wait, aside from
using seperate threads? And I would guess that
increasing the timeout would not help either?

http://incubator.apache.org/derby/manuals/tuning/perf79.html#IDX545

(http://incubator.apache.org/derby/manuals/develop/develop74.html#IDX696)