db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew McIntyre <fuzzylo...@nonintuitive.com>
Subject Re: trunk version now 10.1.0.0 alpha / 10.0 branch created
Date Tue, 07 Dec 2004 23:31:24 GMT

On Dec 7, 2004, at 8:34 AM, Jean T. Anderson wrote:

> This may be a dumb question, but why wouldn't the branch have been made
> at 106979 ? Why have a gap between the release and the branch?

Several days passed between when the 10.0.2.1 build was made and when
the vote to accept that build as the official release closed, during
which time several bug fixes and test updates were checked in. So, in
order to not have to also merge any of those fixes to the branch, I
took a look at the changes that had gone in since the change 10.0.2.1
was based on and they all seemed to me to be changes that would be
appropriate for 10.0.2.2, so I branched from the head at that point.

andrew