db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Dibyendu Majumdar" <dibye...@mazumdar.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: Features - Quick or correct??
Date Sat, 11 Dec 2004 18:07:36 GMT
Dan wrote:
> Contributors & committers should be encouraged to discuss design ideas
> with the list early rather than once they have coded them up.

Hi, Just to say that I could not agree more. Perhaps a standard process
should be set up where if someone is proposing a product enhancement or
major code revision, then they need to write up what they are proposing, how
it will work, etc. and get agreement from the forum before proceeding to
develop the solution.

I had to say this because I face similar issues in the organisation I work
for.

Regards

Dibyendu