db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Philip Wilder" <0505...@acadiau.ca>
Subject Statement Execution
Date Fri, 31 Dec 2004 14:40:45 GMT
Greetings,

I am attempting to trace a path through the code when someone initiates a
sql query. Thus Far I have been able to track it down to the
impl.sql.GenericActivationHolder.execute() method but I can't figure out
where it goes next.

//It creates a new BaseActivation
BaseActivation  newAC = (BaseActivation) newGC.newInstance(lcc);
//Sets this new BaseActivation to the old one.
ac = newAC;
//Calls the execute function of this activation despite the
//fact that BaseActivation doesn't have a execute method.
return ac.execute();

My thought was that perhaps it was calling the execute method of the
impl.sql.execute.ConstantActionActivation class but such does not appear to
be the case.

I really appreciate any help anyone can give me, this one is driving me
crazy...

Philip Wilder