I think I am going to take this suggestion back.  A friend of mine who has worked on open source  projects for a long time reminded me that this is not the norm for open source projects for a variety of very valid reasons.

enjoy the weekend!
Lance J. Andersen wrote:
I had another possible thought.  Could we consider doing a bi-weekly call where we discuss some component of the Derby architecture?  This might be a way to get folks up to speed a bit quicker as well.