db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Cecchet <Emmanuel.Cecc...@inrialpes.fr>
Subject Re: IBM Universal JDBC driver... not licensed for connectivity to Derby
Date Thu, 25 Nov 2004 08:46:35 GMT
Hi Bruce,

> I'm trying to connect to Derby using the db2jcc.jar file and the
> com.ibm.db2.jcc.DB2Driver JDBC driver and I'm receiving the following
> error:
>
> com.ibm.db2.jcc.c.SqlException: The verison of the IBM Universal JDBC
> driver in use is not licensed for connectivity to Apache Derby Databases.
>
> The db2jcc.jar came with the download? Why am I getting this error and
> how do I get around it?

I had the same issue with C-JDBC because of the db2jcc_license_c.jar
that must also be found in the classpath. In C-JDBC we use a separate
classloader for every single backend and our classloading does not allow
yet to load a single driver from multiple jar files. The temporary
workaround was either to unjar everything or to add the
db2jcc_license_c.jar class files into db2jcc.jar.
Another solution is to use C-JDBC for remote access to Derby ;-)

Emmanuel