db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Bruce Snyder <fer...@frii.com>
Subject trouble getting connection to Derby
Date Wed, 24 Nov 2004 16:32:40 GMT
I've got some data files that I need to point Derby at but I can't seem
to even get a connection to Derby, let alone see the data files. Here's
what I've done so far:

- Started up Derby with the following command:

java -Dderby.system.home=/Applications/IBM/Cloudscape_10.0
org.apache.derby.drda.NetworkServerControl start

- Pinged Derby using the following command:

java org.apache.derby.drda.NetworkServerControl ping

And I receive the following output:

     Connection number: 1.
     Connection obtained for host: localhost, port number 1527.

- Start up the ij tool and run the following commands only to receive an
error:

ij> DRIVER 'com.ibm.db2.jcc.DB2Driver';

ij> CONNECT 'jdbc:derby:net//127.0.0.1:1527/foo';
ERROR 08001: No suitable driver

I've placed the directory named foo (which contains the data files,
etc.) into the /Applications/IBM/Cloudscape_10.0 directory, but because
I can't even get a connection to Derby, I'm stumped.

I've also tried to connect to Derby using DbVisualizer and I can't get a
connection through it either. If someone could help me get connected
even through the ij tool, I hazard a guess that this might also help me
to figure out the problem I'm having with DbVisualizer as well.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Bruce
--
perl -e 'print