db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Jean T. Anderson" <...@bristowhill.com>
Subject How should derby committers update the derby web site?
Date Fri, 19 Nov 2004 19:42:37 GMT
Jean T. Anderson wrote:

>Noel J. Bergman wrote:
>

>>Done.  But aren't you folks aware that you have the necessary karma to do
>>the site update?
>>

>No, we weren't aware of it.  We've been operating by the guidelines
>outlined in
>http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/BrowseList?listName=derby-dev@db.apache.org&by=subject&from=634682to=634682&first=1&count=6
>
>But I'm glad to hear it! terrific news!

ok, on minotaur.apache.org I'm finding the built site at:

/www/incubator.apache.org/derby

Do you just do 'svn update' in this directory? --I haven't committed
anything new but went ahead and did an 'svn update' and got an "Error
validating server certificate for 'https://svn.apache.org:443':", so
control-c'd out of it.

Down the road, I suspect we'll want to remove the built forrest files
from svn (commit just the changes to the src tree). --At ApacheCon I
heard from several people who seemed surprised that we were managing
built forrest files in svn. I guess another way to do it is just tar up
the built files and untar them in the web site directory.

thanks,

 -jean