db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Susan Cline <...@MeepZor.Com>
Subject Re: [ Re: Eclipse plug-in for Derby base]
Date Fri, 12 Nov 2004 00:25:52 GMT
Rajesh Kartha wrote:

> I agree that a Derby plug-in will be useful for the application and
> plug-in developers using
> the Eclipse framework.

> By creating this plug-in for Derby all the related jars can be made
> available to the Eclipse environment.
> This plugin can be used in application and other plug-in development
> that would require an 'embedded'
> database.  Other plug-ins can create dependency on this and build on top
> to provide more functionality.
> The JCC jdbc driver (Network Server Connectivity) part is not included,
> as it is not open sourced by IBM.
> I will be happy to work on the 'core' plug-in and contribute it to the
> same mailing list for review.

Hi Rajesh,

I am an IBM employee and can work on getting the JCC jdbc driver
available as an additional plug-in which will add the Network Server
connectivity functionality to your plug-in.

This plug-in would need to be downloaded from an IBM site, and dependent
on your plug-in.

It would allow folks to run the network server from within Eclipse and
possibly use ij to run SQL against the network server.

Is this something of interest to the community?

Regards,

Susan