db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Strong <rstr...@panix.com>
Subject User Defined Types
Date Wed, 10 Nov 2004 14:36:42 GMT
Greetings,

Sorry to nag, but recently I posed a question fairly recently as to
whether Cloudscapes user defined types would be re-implemented in Derby,
as IBM seems to have pulled support for this feature out, presumably to
bring it more in line with DB2. I haven't heard anything so far - can
anyone advise as to whether there is any work being done on this?

To recap, I've written a system to support clinical research that makes
fairly extensive use of user defined types using an older version of
Cloudscape, and I'm hoping to be able to stay with the evolution of the
product without a major DB rewrite. Storing/querying Java types directly
was a very useful feature and I do hope it will be preserved!

Thanks,

Rick Strong
rstrong@panix.com