db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Jonas S Karlsson" <...@yesco.org>
Subject Re: Derby documentation in PDF format
Date Fri, 08 Oct 2004 06:05:28 GMT

Jean T. Anderson wrote:
> The IBM docs person generated html for each Cloudscape manual, with
> multiple files per manual, and did a first pass at modifying them to
> reflect the Derby name and to modify them so Forrest could ingest them.
> If I remember right, there are roughly 700 src files. Forrest ingests
> those files, adds the site navigation, and outputs the built files.

I can't find the source with the correct markup anywhere in the tree.
I only find generated HTML files, I think.

I hope we're not planning on editing generated HTML-files, because
that'd be a nightmare. It'd be like adding functionality and fixing bugs
in Derby by directly modifying the compiled class files.

> while to generate the web site. Right now, with PDF generation off, it
> takes about 20 minutes to build the site on my Gentoo linux box. It

8 minutes for me, actually Forrest seems to be built to allow for
dynamic generation of pages from source, so one may not need to
actually update/checkin html pages, but I guess that's a totally
another issue.

/Jonas