db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Jonas S Karlsson" <...@yesco.org>
Subject Re: Derby documentation in PDF format
Date Tue, 12 Oct 2004 21:33:31 GMT

Jeff wrote:
> Yes the main bottleneck in getting our information into DITA will be
> getting the doc content into the new format.  Once it is done, we will
> have vastly improved the quality of the documentation's retrievability.
> Add the fact that we will be single-sourced and able to create output in
> any format we want, and we have a good case for the conversion.

I still don't know what exact format is used for the Derby docs, since
the source files have not been made available.

Jean mentioned:
> As I understand it, the Cloudscape doc set source is stored in ArborText
> Epic. The IBM docs person generated files for Derby from Epic as

But ArborText Epic is "just" an XML editor (and Content Engine) as I
understand it. It does not limit or specify (?) which format to
use. Actually, I find that docbook is quite often mentioned as the
source format used in that editor/environment.

So, just to calm my curiosity ;)

    What is the current XML format used for the soure doc files?

    How different is this format from Docbook? (Can I see an example)

/Jonas