db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Jonas S Karlsson" <...@yesco.org>
Subject Re: proposed binaries for 10.0.2.1 posted
Date Fri, 15 Oct 2004 06:39:06 GMT

Samuel Andrew McIntyre wrote:
> Give them the once over, feedback is greatly appreciated, of course. I
> will be forwarding this to the Incubator PMC shortly to ask for
> permission to post as a release. Here are the changes included since
> 10.0.2.0, the initial code drop:

The file CHANGES is missing.

See http://mirrors.qualsec.net/apache/httpd/CHANGES_2.0 for a textual
variant and http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/changes.html for a HTML
variant (they are not related, just examples), I think both variants
should be included.

I think both are good, but I especially like how the HTML one also
for each fix points to the relevant bug description. The text for
these should possibly come from the "svn log" command, which may make
people considering writing good explanations. I'm not sure what is the
ASF practice here.

/Jonas