db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Sandeep A(asandeep@csa.iisc.ernet.in)" <asand...@csa.iisc.ernet.in>
Subject Re: Query Optimization Tool
Date Tue, 05 Oct 2004 17:31:56 GMT

> What sort of input does PLASTIC expect to describe a query plan?

PLASTIC takes only the query and shows the plan diagram
All previous implementations of PLASTIC  has exploited the facility in
DB2, ORACLE , SQL Server in which the plan is stored in either tables or
it will be returned to the user as ResultSet.  In contrast to this in
derby, it won't stores the plan in tables. Moreover we will get the plan
info only after executing the query. This is the major issue which we are
looking for now.

regards
sandeep