db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <dsundst...@gluecode.com>
Subject Re: JMX MBean support for JBoss
Date Thu, 28 Oct 2004 21:50:36 GMT
On Oct 28, 2004, at 12:44 PM, Daniel John Debrunner wrote:

> Joel Rosi-Schwartz wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Has anyone tackled creating a JMX MBean service for Derby yet? If so,
> I would
>> really appreciate if you could share it, otherwise I will tackle it
>> and
>> contribute it back to project if it is desired.
>
> Sounds great, it seems with JMX becoming a standard part of J2SE 5.0
> (tiger), that JMX will start being used more. Sun's tiger JDK comes
> with
> a JMXconsole for the JVM, that will allow visibility into Derby with
> your MBean.

You would think that, but just as Sun realized that JMX can be useful,
everyone else in the world that has been actually using JMX for the
last 2 years realized that the apis are sooooooo bad that noone should
be forced to program against them.  Instead everyone writes a tool that
can wrap a standard javabean with a jmx mbean.

-dain