db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From David Zonsheine <Dav...@enigma.com>
Subject RE: How to optimize the query
Date Tue, 19 Oct 2004 16:50:26 GMT
Sunitha Hi,

Where can I find the derby.properties?

Thanks,
David

-----Original Message-----
From: Sunitha Kambhampati [mailto:skambha@Yngvi.Org]
Sent: Tuesday, October 19, 2004 6:25 PM
To: Derby Development
Subject: Re: How to optimize the query

David Zonsheine wrote:

> We tried to see the index usage but couldn't.

did you try to set the property derby.language.logQueryPlan=true in your
derby.properties file or you can also set it as  a java property
-Dderby.language.logQueryPlan=true

This property when set will print the query plans  in derby.log

If an index is used, you will be able to see  IndexScan ResultSet....

an example :
here my tablename is SCANFIXED and index is SCANFIXEDX...

[snip]
    Index Scan ResultSet for SCANFIXED using index SCANFIXEDX at read
committed isolation level using instantaneous share row locking chosen
by the optimizer
[snip]

Sunitha.
use of the individual or entity to whom
they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the originator
of the message.
Scanning of this message is performed by SurfControl E-mail Filter software in conjunction
with  virus detection software.