db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Sunitha Kambhampati <skam...@Yngvi.Org>
Subject Re: How to optimize the query
Date Tue, 19 Oct 2004 16:25:24 GMT

David Zonsheine wrote:

> We tried to see the index usage but couldn't.

did you try to set the property derby.language.logQueryPlan=true in your
derby.properties file or you can also set it as  a java property
-Dderby.language.logQueryPlan=true

This property when set will print the query plans  in derby.log

If an index is used, you will be able to see  IndexScan ResultSet....

an example :
here my tablename is SCANFIXED and index is SCANFIXEDX...

[snip]
    Index Scan ResultSet for SCANFIXED using index SCANFIXEDX at read
committed isolation level using instantaneous share row locking chosen
by the optimizer
[snip]

Sunitha.