db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathy Saunders <ka...@Source-Zone.com>
Subject Re: JDBC driver for Derby network server mode?
Date Mon, 04 Oct 2004 20:35:36 GMT
Dick Applebaum wrote:

> Does this mean that Apache can/will include the driver in the Derby
> distro --kind of a pita to have to go 2 places to assemble a runnable
> Derby
>
> Dick

Apache can include the driver in the Derby distrobution (I believe there
are some license requirements to do so.  If the Derby community wants to
do that,  it should be OK.    I don't know what Apache's general policy
is on inlcuding non-open source in one if its releases.  I do know that
Apache often points to other sites to obtain free software.

Kathy