db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Boynes <jboy...@gluecode.com>
Subject Avoid use of system properties?
Date Sun, 03 Oct 2004 07:57:06 GMT
One issue I am running into with embedding Derby is the use of system
properties to store the configuration. I would like to be able to set
these values at runtime (either dynamically or potentially by rebooting
the derby system within the same VM). Ideally I would like to have these
as attributes that can be managed using JMX.

How widespread in the code is access to these properties; do classes
tend to load them as needed or is there a central service that they go
to for them? If the latter, is practical to replace it with some form of
JavaBean that can be exposed to management?

Thanks
--
Jeremy