db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Gerry Palmer" <gpal...@starcolony.com>
Subject RE: Derby NS, IBM DB2 Universal Driver with Eclipse
Date Tue, 14 Sep 2004 21:00:24 GMT
Yes, correct, my URL starts jdbc:cloudscape:net:

Is there any short-term workaround?

-----Original Message-----
From: Rajesh Kartha [mailto:kartha@Source-Zone.Org]
Sent: Tuesday, September 14, 2004 3:50 PM
To: Derby Development
Subject: Re: Derby NS, IBM DB2 Universal Driver with Eclipse

Gerry Palmer wrote:

> Has anyone been able to get the IBM DB2/Cloudscape Eclipse plugin to
> work with Derby Network Server and the com.ibm.db2.jcc.DB2Driver?
>
> Everytime I try to point the plugin to the driver I get "No suitable
> driver"...

Hi Gerry,

If you note the Connection url in the plugin shows;

jdbc:cloudscape:net://localhost:1527/toursDB;create=true

is that correct ?

whereas the new url to connect to the Network Server  has become:

jdbc:derby:net://localhost:1527/toursDB;create=true

That is the reason for "No Suitable driver"  error you are getting.

There will be a refresh of the IBM DB2/Cloudscape Eclipse plugin very
soon  that will use  'derby' in the Connection url instead of
'cloudscape'.

-Rajesh