db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Vladimir Simkine" <vsimk...@optusnet.com.au>
Subject ALTER TABLE DROP COLUMN and RENAME COLUMN
Date Wed, 29 Sep 2004 12:56:22 GMT
Hi,

does anyone know the status of ALTER TABLE DROP COLUMN and RENAME COLUMN?

According to the documentation these features are not supported and yet the
code seems to have methods to do this. What is the story with this?

I badly need this functionality in my application, so I am not sure whether
to spend the time trying to enable this support in the code or wait for the
official release (maybe, it will be supported there?).

Any information is appreciated.

Regards
Vladimir Simkine
---