db-derby-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Samuel Andrew McIntyre <fuzzylo...@nonintuitive.com>
Subject release status as of 9/28/04
Date Tue, 28 Sep 2004 21:30:33 GMT
Hash: SHA1

Hello all,

Here's a summary of the movement on the various issues concerning 
getting a first Derby release out there.

1 - IP/copyright concerns - It appears this has ballooned into a more 
serious issue than previously thought. Discussion of the proper way to 
handle the transition of the code to the ASF license and in what way 
IBM copyright is retained, if any, is occurring at 
licensing@apache.org. I am sure we will hear from the Incubator PMC as 
soon as this issue is settled.

2 - Apply all currently pending bug fixes. I have the following list of 
submitted patches:

[APPLIED] [PATCH] Optimization of 
[APPLIED] [PATCH] Set Derby's build number to be the subversion 
revision number
[PATCH] derby.war file build
[PATCH] Fix to prevent empty log file switches that could cause 
recovery failures
[PATCH] minor bugs in dblook
[PATCH] Extension Packaging
[PATCH] retrieveMessages... true by default in ij
[PATCH] Network servlet display only message key
[PATCH] added 3 more parser generated files to the clobber target in 
main build.xml
[PATCH] Various fixes to javadoc generation

Please let me know if there are any I am missing here. Note that the 
change copyright to ASF patch is not included here because of issue #1.

3 - Now that we have bug tracking, please speak up if you consider any 
of the currently logged bugs as a showstopper for the release.

4 - Please comment on what the content and form of the release should 
be. I think jars, javadoc and HTML documentation should be included, 
since that is what we have at the moment, packaged as a zip and tar.gz 
file. Please speak up if you are interested in rpms for this first 

5 - Consensus on Derby's upgrade policy/version scheme. There is 
currently a vote pending in the "[VOTE] Derby upgrade policy" thread.

Please post other concerns if you have them.

Version: GnuPG v1.2.4 (Darwin)


View raw message