db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Jeffrey Lichtman <swa...@rcn.com>
Subject RE: User Defined Types
Date Tue, 07 Sep 2004 22:09:09 GMT

>Well as I thought, it wasn't that hard to add it back in. . .
>I just added a data type "JAVA" to the parser. . .

I'm curious about this datatype. Is it a new keyword to indicate to the
parser that a class name follows? What is the syntax?

Originally in Cloudscape, one only had to use the class name when creating
a column of that class. For example:

     CREATE TABLE mytab (col java.lang.Integer);

Do you also plan to re-activate class aliases (assuming they've also been
disabled)?

                        -        Jeff Lichtman
                                 swazoo@rcn.com
                                 http://swazoo.com/