db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Boynes <jboy...@gluecode.com>
Subject Derby embedded in Geronimo
Date Fri, 01 Oct 2004 08:15:39 GMT
For those interested, I have begun a simple embedding of Derby into
Geronimo allowing it to act as the SystemDatabase for functions such as
persistent timers etc. It is also generally bound as a local-transaction
resource for use by applications.

If things work out well and there are no objections I plan to switch
away from Axion as our default embedded database.

Before then, there are a couple of things that need to be done if anyone
is interested in participating:
* GBean wrapper for NetworkServiceControl
* verification of XA support and recovery
* switch connector to use DataSource internally rather than
   the DriverManager
* expose database properties to JMX via GBean wrapper
* operations to create/delete databases & other adminy things

I'll add these to the Geronimo Jira as enhancements.

Thanks to the Derby team for giving us the chance to use it.

--
Jeremy