db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Ron Reuben <rreu...@Sourcery.Org>
Subject Jira bug tracking system for Derby - what you need to know & do
Date Thu, 23 Sep 2004 01:24:17 GMT
The Jira issue (bugs, features etc) management system has been setup and
can be found at:

http://issues.apache.org/jira

(click on Derby)

I have volunteered to be the adminstrator of Jira for Derby at this
time.  To get yourself added in as a "developer", please do the following:

1. Create a userid for yourself on Jira, at the URL mentioned above
(click the "Signup" link on the right side of the page) if you do not
already have one.
2. email me your Jira userid so that I can add you into the
"derby-developers" list for Derby

"Developers" as defined in the "derby-developers" list in Jira will be
able to update bugs/issues besides browsing & logging new bugs for
Derby.  Non "derby-developers" users can only browse and log new bugs

You may find the Jira documentation at:
http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/docs/latest/

Please provide your input to the following:

1. Adding components for Derby
We need to define "components" in Jira for Derby.  These are the modules
that you would consider to be buggy in the Derby code when you file a
new issue in Jira.  I propose the following set to begin with:
Unknown - when user does not know component (remember any "developer"
can update this later)
Build tools - for bugs/issues with the build scripts
Documentation - for issues with Derby documentation
JDBC- for bugs/issues that can be attributed to the JDBC driver
Language - for bugs/issues that can be attributed to query
parsing/processing/optimizing etc
Localization - when localization is the issue
Network Server - for network server related bugs/issues (including servlet)
Security - for bugs/issues related to security
Storage - for bugs/issues related to the storage of data on disk (i.e.
disk storage module)
Test - for bugs/issues with the tests
Tools - for bugs/issues with ij, dblook, import/export & sysinfo
XA - for bugs/issues related to XA support

Please post your suggestions for components

2. Component ownership
We can have components owned by developers if required.  Do we want to
assign component ownership or leave them as "unassigned" by default?

3. Mail notification
At present, mail notification for new bugs/issues in Jira will come from
"derby-dev@db.apache.org.  Does this need to be changed and if so why?
Mail will be sent to the "derby-dev" mail list, besides the reporter,
assignee and "watchers"

Thanks

Ron Reuben