db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Mamta Satoor <ma...@Remulak.Net>
Subject JDBC 2.0 Updatable Result Sets api
Date Thu, 16 Sep 2004 07:49:35 GMT
Greetings, everyone!

I do not think I have introduced myself yet on this mailing list. My
name is Mamta Satoor and
I am employed by IBM. I have been working on Cloudscape database since
early 1998.
Majority of my work over the years has been in the JDBC/SQL layer.

I am looking at implementing JDBC 2.0 Updatable Result Sets API. Derby
already supports
updatable cursors which allows updating data using SQL but  there is no
support for updating
rows in a result set using JDBC 2.0 API.

I am thinking of using existing updatable cursors code internally to
implement JDBC apis for
updatable resultsets. Also, I am planning on working in phases with
first providing support for
updates, then delete and lastly insert. Will provide more details as I
make progress but in the
mean time, please let me know if you have any comments/feedback on the
feature.

Thanks,
Mamta