db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel John Debrunner <...@debrunners.com>
Subject Re: Derby code copyright question
Date Wed, 15 Sep 2004 23:35:45 GMT
Noel J. Bergman wrote:

> We've just finished a conference with Jennifer.  As I understand it, her
> issues are not with the practice but with how to implement that practice
> properly.  As I understand Roy's comment, the practice is correct, but the
> legal magic is that IBM needs to be the party that does it.
>
> 	--- Noel

I think we have agreement!!!

It's as described in Ken's e-mail (message 362)
http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/ReadMsg?listName=derby-dev@db.apache.org&msgNo=362

But now we have an understanding why it can be done that way, the subtle
point is the copyright holder (IBM) can only remove its copyright
statements, not ASF.

Ever onwards,
Dan.