db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Jalud Abdulmenan <te...@rogers.com>
Subject [VOTE] Change Copyright notice to ASF
Date Wed, 15 Sep 2004 01:27:32 GMT

If the issue is just the "re-formatting" of the IBM copyright statement
line, then I think we have achieved consensus and do not need a vote.

However, in the spirit of the Apache way and to allow everyone to
express themselves on the topic, here is the vote again. Closing date
remains Wed Sept 22.

The difference between Option 1 and Option 2 is that Option 1 follows
ASF guidelines while Option 2 keeps the original IBM copyright statement
line.

Please, disregard the difference in the order of copyright statement
lines between Option 1 and 2. I wanted to present Option 2 as provided.

[ ]  Option 1: All source code files will only have the following
copyright statement.
     CCCC-YYYY are the years found on each file

/*
 *
 * Copyright  2004 The Apache Software Foundation.
 * Copyright  CCCC-YYYY IBM Corp.
 *
 *  Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License");
 *  you may not use this file except in compliance with the License.
 *  You may obtain a copy of the License at
 *
 *      http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0
 *
 *  Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software
 *  distributed under the License is distributed on an ""AS IS"" BASIS,
 *  WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied.
 *  See the License for the specific language governing permissions and
 *  limitations under the License.
 *
 */

[ ]  Option 2: All source code files will only have the following
copyright statement.
     CCCC-YYYY are the years found on each file

/*
 *
 * (C) Copyright IBM Corp. CCCC, YYYY.
 * Copyright  2004 The Apache Software Foundation.
 *
 *  Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License");
 *  you may not use this file except in compliance with the License.
 *  You may obtain a copy of the License at
 *
 *      http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0
 *
 *  Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software
 *  distributed under the License is distributed on an ""AS IS"" BASIS,
 *  WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied.
 *  See the License for the specific language governing permissions and
 *  limitations under the License.
 *
 */

Jalud,