db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel John Debrunner <...@debrunners.com>
Subject Re: COMMENT statement
Date Tue, 14 Sep 2004 16:52:25 GMT
Marshall Dunbar wrote:

> I agree.  Comment On would be a very useful feature.  Does anyone know
> the process to get this on the development "to-do" list?

Any feature that is discussed on the mailing lists can be seen as part
of the overall 'to-do' list. The to-do list is not a formal list of
items that will be added to Derby, just the set of items that could be
added to Derby. Anything on that list will only get implemented if
someone is interested in working on it. That someone can be a committer,
a contributor, or a developer who has never touched Derby before (and
thus becomes a contributor).

The to-do list page (http://incubator.apache.org/derby/DerbyToDo.html)
is intended to provide a quick view of the possible items, I can (or
others can) update it from time to time based upon discussions in the
maling lists. Jira (bug & feature tracking) could also be used to
capture requests.

Note that Derby is following the Apache DB guidelines which talks about
new features in the Changes section of http://db.apache.org/source.html
and that contributors should have a CLA on file (see discussion on
derby-dev).

It is also useful to read the Derby charter and proposal
(http://incubator.apache.org/derby/derby_proposal.html)
which is what our sponsor (Apache DB project) voted on to accept Derby
into incubation.

Dan.