db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathy Saunders <ka...@Source-Zone.com>
Subject Re: JDBC driver for Derby network server mode?
Date Fri, 03 Sep 2004 16:31:05 GMT
Kathy Saunders wrote:

>> Will the license also allow for redistribution?
>>
>> --
>> Jeremy
>>

> The license will be a standard non-warranted IBM license.  There are
> no restrictions on redistribution.
>
> Kathy

I spoke to soon regarding the license for the network server JDBC
driver.  It is available now for download as Susan mentioned in her
post.  However, the current license does not allow for redistribution.
IBM does intend to allow you to redistribute the JDBC driver.  I am
working on new licensing terms now, but it will probably take 6 weeks or
so to get through legal, translation, etc.  For now, feel free to work
with the driver on your own machine.  I will post again when the license
has been updated.

Kathy