db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Joel Rosi-Schwartz <Joel.Rosi-Schwa...@Etish.org>
Subject Re: SQL/DDL Limitations (and DB2)
Date Sun, 19 Sep 2004 11:33:31 GMT
I am just guessing that IBM would be less than overjoyed if Derby lost its
ability to be an easy migration path to DB2. Would it not be fairly
reasonable, however, to fulfil both requirements. At database creation time a
flag could be set to dictate DB2 mode or extended mode. The database could
then set an immutable database level property and behave accordingly. True
this would introduce some complexity into the system, but it would be
politically sensitive while still achieving better functionality.

- joel