db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Halley Pacheco de Oliveira <halle...@yahoo.com.br>
Subject Re: Derby messages localization
Date Thu, 09 Sep 2004 22:52:44 GMT
Dear Andrew,

Thank you very much for your help. I changed the file
${derby.source}/build.xml as shown bellow:

568a569
>org/apache/derby/loc/sysinfoMessages_pt_BR.properties,
569a571
>org/apache/derby/loc/toolsmessages_pt_BR.properties,
662a665
>org/apache/derby/loc/sysinfoMessages_pt_BR.properties,
663a667
>org/apache/derby/loc/toolsmessages_pt_BR.properties,

and the file
${derby.source}/java/tools/org/apache/derby/loc/build.xml
as show bellow:

21a22
><include name="sysinfoMessages_pt_BR.properties"/>
22a24
><include name="toolsmessages_pt_BR.properties"/>

and translated a line in
toolsmessages_pt_BR.properties to test. It is working
fine. When I finish the translation I will contribute
with the files.

Halley

 --- Andrew McIntyre <fuzzylogic@nonintuitive.com>
escreveu:

> On Sep 8, 2004, at 5:32 AM, Halley Pacheco de
> Oliveira wrote:
>
> > What is wrong ? I couldn't find the
> csLocale_pt_BR.jar
> > file. Is that the problem ?
>
> IBM did not contribute the translated message files
> for Derby. It is my
> understanding that they are looking into doing this,
> but there are no
> definite plans for when or how that will happen.
> There will be
> translated messages in the Cloudscape 10.0
> commercial release.
>
> That said, feel free to translate the messages and
> contribute them to
> Derby. For toolsmessages, you should create a new
> file,
> toolsmessages_pt_BR.properties  in
> java/tools/org/apache/derby/loc and
> put the translated messages there. You will then
> need to update the
> build.xml in that directory so that the messages are
> copied over to
> ${out.dir}/org/apache/derby/loc. This should make
> the translated
> messages available to the tools.
>
> If you would like sysinfo to display that support
> for your locale is
> present, you will need to generate an info file for
> your locale. See
> Main.reportLocales() in
> java/tools/org/apache/derby/impl/tools/sysinfo
> (lines 326-413) to see how locale support
> information is reported.
> Sysinfo determines presence of support for a
> particular locale not from
> the presence of message files, but from the presence
> of a locale info
> properties file,
> org.apache.derby.info.locale_{locale}.properties.
> This
> file should contain proper values for the
> derby.locale.* properties
> that reportLocales() tries to look up:
>
> derby.locale.external.name, with the form 'Locale
> Name [ISO_code]' e.g.:
> derby.locale.external.name= Portuguese/Brazilian
> [pt_BR]
>
> The following properties correspond to the
> properties in
> org.apache.derby.loc.DBMS.properties:
> derby.locale.version.major
> derby.locale.version.minor
> derby.locale.version.maint
> derby.locale.build.number
>
> The values of these properties are passed to

org.apache.derby.iapi.services.info.ProductVersionHolder
> and sysinfo
> then reports the version via that classes'
> fullVersionString() method.
>
> As a side note, better locale support (from a
> build/tools perspective)
> would be a good thing to put on Derby's to-do list.
>
> andrew

Yahoo! Acesso Grátis - navegue de graça com conexão de qualidade!
http://br.acesso.yahoo.com/