db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Cloudscape Testing <fuzzylo...@nonintuitive.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] on repository layout
Date Fri, 20 Aug 2004 22:37:45 GMT
Looks like my mail program decided to reset my username for me.
Hopefully this will go through as Andrew McIntyre instead of Cloudscape
Testing. :)

I vote for option 1, because I would think that a developer who is
checking out the code from svn should be able to check out one
directory (in this case, derby/code) and get everything necessary to
build a binary distribution and nothing more.

That means though, that I would include the user documentation in the
code part of the repository, since we would want to keep that in sync
with the code that it documents. The developer would also then have the
current doc set in their build tree for reference, and a person could
build a full binary distribution from the source distribution.

Are there source files for the docs, which are then generated by
forrest? If so, I would think the repository would look something like:

derby/code {trunk/branches/tags}
- derby code
- derby tests
- compiled user documentation