db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Brian W. Fitzpatrick" <f...@red-bean.com>
Subject Re: Where I can get the Derby design document?
Date Tue, 31 Aug 2004 21:34:34 GMT

On Aug 31, 2004, at 3:42 PM, Jean T. Anderson wrote:

> Jean T. Anderson wrote:
>
>> What would be the best way to manage getting content onto the web
>> site? Post the doc to this list? (Or are attachments completely
>> annoying?)
>
> http://db.apache.org/communication.html says "no" to attachments.

It recommends "in-lining" patches when you can.  However, the
recommendation to "provide a URL for retrieval" is somewhat bothersome
as there are IP issues with grabbing patches from URLs--it's much
better for the ASF to receive a patch via the mailing list.  Sending a
patch to the list is a much clearer way (legally) to implicitly grant
the ASF the right to use the code.

-Fitz