db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Jean T. Anderson" <...@bristowhill.com>
Subject Re: Where I can get the Derby design document?
Date Tue, 31 Aug 2004 23:32:16 GMT

Brian W. Fitzpatrick wrote:

| On Aug 31, 2004, at 3:42 PM, Jean T. Anderson wrote:
|>> What would be the best way to manage getting content onto the
|>> web site? Post the doc to this list? (Or are attachments
|>> completely annoying?)
|> http://db.apache.org/communication.html says "no" to attachments.
| It recommends "in-lining" patches when you can.  However, the
| recommendation to "provide a URL for retrieval" is somewhat
| bothersome as there are IP issues with grabbing patches from
| URLs--it's much better for the ASF to receive a patch via the
| mailing list.  Sending a patch to the list is a much clearer way
| (legally) to implicitly grant the ASF the right to use the code.

So in the case of docs, would it work better to include the document
in the body of the email itself? Initially I would expect short
documents to be the rule of thumb.

If somebody writes a tome too large for the body of email, perhaps
they could post a note to the list asking how to best handle it -- and
wouldn't that be cool!

~ -jean

Version: GnuPG v1.2.4 (GNU/Linux)