db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Sunitha Kambhampati <skam...@Yngvi.Org>
Subject Re: Test suite?
Date Mon, 30 Aug 2004 22:09:48 GMT
Jeremy Boynes wrote:

> I can't seem to find any tests for Derby to validate that a build is
> working. Am I missing something? If not, are there any plans to
> contribute tests as well?
>
> --
> Jeremy

I have been working on getting DOTS (Database Open Source Test Suite )
to run with Derby.   DOTS (http://ltp.sourceforge.net/dotshowto.php) is
aimed to test 100% JDBC API coverage and also to test database
reliability..    The test cases are written in java; make jdbc calls and
can be run on linux platforms. DOTS can be downloaded at

Also, the test suite seems easy to configure to run them for different
time intervals. I will try to post a writeup as soon as I am done testing.

Sunitha.