db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Ian Holsman <li...@holsman.net>
Subject Re: http://incubator.apache.org/derby is live
Date Sat, 14 Aug 2004 00:00:09 GMT
do you need to get some stuff into
http://incubator.apache.org/projects/
?

this might help (from when I did it for httpd-cli)

1. get the lastest SVN version of forrest, the current one won't work

2. check out (from CVS) incubator

3. make your mod's in:
     site/site.xml -- add your project under 'projects'
         (shouldn't have to do that again)
     site/projects/index.xml -- add the 1-liner of the project in

     site/projects/httpd-cli.cwiki -- (the meat)

4. in ./incubator run

     $ forrest -- generates the HTML pages
or
     $ forrest run -- which brings up a web-server on port 8888
          to view the it

5. if your happy (or as close as happy as you can get)
     $ cd build/site
     $ cvs ci index.html index.pdf
     $ cd projects
     $ cvs ci  (as changing a name affects all the menu items on each page)

        for the gutsy.. just cd build and cvs ci.

6. go to www.apache.org:/www/incubator
7. cvs co