db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rodney Waldhoff <rwaldh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Welcome to Apache Derby!
Date Wed, 11 Aug 2004 20:19:09 GMT
Hi Dan.  Welcome to Apache.

Among other hats, I'm one of the developers of the Axion database project,
which is one of your neighbors here in the Incubator and in the future
likely one of your neighbors in the Apache DB project.  I, and I think
others on the Axion development team, are looking forward to exploring
areas of collaboration.  The little I know of Derby suggests there's a lot
of potential synergies here.  Indeed, assuming sufficient overlap of
social, technical, functional and design goals we may want to look toward
eventual consolidation.

While we're waiting for the Derby codebase to be loaded onto trucks and
shipped over to Apache-land, it might be helpful for outsiders if you or
someone else familiar with the codebase could provide an overview of how
Derby is structured internally.

  - Rod

(PS: I'm going to be going offline sometime tomorrow for about a week.
If I don't respond to a query during that time, don't take it personally.)