db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Jean T. Anderson" <...@bristowhill.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] on repository layout
Date Fri, 20 Aug 2004 23:56:59 GMT
On Fri, 2004-08-20 at 16:40, Andrew McIntyre wrote:
> Not to get too far off-topic here, but:
> How many files are in the compiled documentation? As the number of
> files goes up, the value of including all of those files in the tree
> with the source goes down, particularly if they are available on the
> website.
>
> Would it be possible to have them output as a single file per book? If
> it were only 5 or 6 files, it would still be worthwhile (meaning: not
> annoying) to have the documentation versioned along with the source it
> documents.

The 5 books I just checked in are composed of 640 source files (the
sixth book adds 113 files).

I agree this isn't the most optimal approach, but the individual who
generated the files has been on vacation. The fastest way to get out of
the starting gate with docs when the code gets posted is to put on the
web site what is available now -- and discuss a more optimal
organization later.

 -jean