db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Jean T. Anderson" <...@bristowhill.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] on repository layout
Date Fri, 20 Aug 2004 23:22:37 GMT
I vote for number 1 to keep the site separate from the code as a
practical issue for managing the Derby documentation.

In other email, Andrew <fuzzylogic@nonintuitive.com> asked:
> Are there source files for the docs, which are then generated by
> forrest? If so, I would think the repository would look something
like:

The 6 Cloudscape manuals were converted for Derby into a format
consumable by forrest, so initially I'm including them in the Derby site
itself (http://incubator.apache.org/derby) -- in fact I just checked 5
of the manuals into the repository, where they await our Rodent of
Unusual Size's magic incantation to become visible on the site itself.
But instead of one file per book, they are organized into many files per
book. forrest consumes the files in the src tree and spits out html
files into the build tree -- and the result is so very many files that
the Derby community may want to revisit this later.

I initialized the site with the default forrest structure -- and this
too could be revisited later.

 -jean