db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Daniel Debrunner" <...@debrunners.com>
Subject Welcome to Apache Derby!
Date Fri, 06 Aug 2004 03:50:47 GMT
Welcome to Apache Derby!

Hello all, my name is Dan Debrunner and I'm excited to be a committer on the
Apache Derby database. I encourage everyone to get involved and help build
vibrant user and developer communities for Derby.

I'm employed by IBM and have been working on the Cloudscape product since
its inception as a start-up company in Oakland, California in 1996. Informix
Software acquired Cloudscape, Inc in 1999 and IBM acquired the Cloudscape
technology through its purchase of the Informix Software database assets in
2001. For most of that time I was the architect for Cloudscape. Prior to
that I spent an additional seven years working on database internals at
Sybase, Illustra and Informix.

Dan.