db-ddlutils-user mailing list archives

From Tom Johnson <TJohn...@microaut.com>
Subject Constant recreation question
Date Wed, 01 Aug 2012 18:28:29 GMT
I inherited a project which uses ddlutils to keep a database up schema up to date whenever
the program is run.   I needed to add a table and add a foreign key relationship back to another
table.  I made the appropriate changes in both the XML script and the database.   This seemed
to work fine.  However, whenever I run the program it seems to drop the new table and the
relation and re-create them, thus losing the data I had in these tables.  I do not see what
is wrong, but it does seem it is only doing this for the new changes and not the rest of the
tables in the database/script.

Any suggestions?

Notice: The information contained in this email and any attachments is confidential and may
be subject to copyright or other intellectual property protection. If you are not the intended
recipient, you are not authorized to use or disclose this information, and we request that
you notify us by reply mail or telephone and delete the original message from your mail system.