db-ddlutils-user mailing list archives

From SSL <stefan.schmitz-linnewe...@synlogic.ch>
Subject migration leads to ORACLE data block corrupted
Date Thu, 28 May 2009 13:42:51 GMT

Dear all,

i face a strange problem.
We try to migrate/update a schema using ddlutils with oracle 10.1.0.2 (on
windows)
During migration we get  ORA-01578: ORACLE data block corrupted
Further examination showed that an primary key index of a newly created
table (ipd_lre_)
was corrupted. This tables has been created by ddlutils and the data from
ipd_lre
was being copied incompletely to this table.
ipd_lre contained about 50000 lines at the beginning.
After recreating the corrupted index  and starting the migration again (4
times).
It finish, but all rows were eliminated.

We could not identify any disk or i/o problems.

We created a new tablespace/datafile and imported the schema.
The problem was reproduced, again the corruption error ocured.

ipd_lre has a primary key using to columns
ipd_lre has also clob data columns

We use an oracle 11 thin jdbc driver.

Of course there are lots of different ways to try?
But what do you think is the most promising?
Anyone who had similar problems?

Thanks
Stefan Schmitz-Linneweber