db-ddlutils-user mailing list archives

From Thomas Dudziak <tom...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using DDLUtils with h2database
Date Wed, 28 Jan 2009 09:38:46 GMT
On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 12:11 AM, pmendelson2 <mendelson.paul@gmail.com> wrote:

> I would like to use ddlutils to seed and capture data from an h2 database.  I
> see that support for H2 is slotted for release 1.3.  I also see that there
> is a major 1.1 release that simplifies the dbms plugin mechanism.
>
> If I need to use DDLUtils with h2 today which branch should I download and
> try to hack into?

You should checkout trunk, and start with copying the hsqldb platform
classes which should be relatively similar. The steps then would be

* get the unit tests running against an H2 database
* fix the broken unit tests one by one

For the purpose of the above, it is easier to work with an external H2
database server instead of using it embedded.

hope that helps,
Tom