db-ddlutils-user mailing list archives

From Erik Drolshammer <erik.drolsham...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Use DdlUtils to maintain a ddl than can be shared between Oracle and Derby
Date Wed, 10 Sep 2008 08:26:55 GMT
Daniel López wrote:
> With DDLUtils, you can also export the database schema to an XML
> database independent format, so I guess that if not direcly, you could
> at least export the schema from oracle to the XML format and then from
> the XML to Derby.
> There probably is a way of doing the same process programatically, but I
> just use DDLUtils through the Ant tasks, so I don't have experience with
> that. But just so you know there is at least one way of doing it.

This is exactly what I'm looking for. Could you provide some more
details as to how it can be done?
(The ant task approach might or might not be the approach I choose to
use, but at least it gives me the parameters and perhaps pointers to
which code that support this.)

Best regards
Erik Drolshammer

View raw message